ReDBox (Research Data Box) helps the research community describe and share information about research data collections. ReDBox has been designed to assist universities in bringing their research metadata under management, meeting the Australian Code for the Responsible Conduct of Research, and interfacing with Research Data Australia, the national research data discovery system.
ReDBox provides a range of features:
- Easy-to-use workflow and data entry forms
- Creation of a variety of metadata formats
- An OAI-PMH service for feeding collection metadata to various aggregators
- Integration with systems such as institutional repositories
The associated Mint system provides name authority and vocabulary services to ReDBox (and your other software) as well as:
- An OAI-PMH service for feeding metadata (such as parties, services and activities) to various aggregators
- Interaction with the National Library of Australia’s identification service for individuals and groups
Both systems are built on an extensible plug-in model and provide interfaces that help you integrate ReDBox and Mint within your organisational infrastructure.